My Sweet Ella Bella,
It is so hard to believe you are growing up so fast. Here are a few special things about you at 19 months.
- You love books and your favorite book right now is “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See.” You know what the cover looks like and can bring me the book when I ask you to get it off the bookshelf.
- You love to dance. You either jump up and down, or you bend at your waist and throw your entire upper body side to side. Sometimes it looks like you may fall over completely. It is absolutely adorable.
- You like to flush the toilet and wave bye bye as the water goes down. There is telling what you have flushed that I don’t know about.
- You are wanting to be more independent. You want to buckle your own car seat and you even want to help clean yourself when I change your diaper.
- You love to play dress up with Aleck. I hear you clopping around in your plastic heels and it makes me smile. I can tell by the sound of your walk if you found both shoes or not without even seeing you.
- You have made opening the refrigerator your new favorite pastime. You do it even when you aren’t hungry. Thankfully, Daddy found a clamp in his toolbox that can lock the doors.
- You like most all foods. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of anything you won’t eat. You love chocolate!
- Like Aleck at your age, your favorite thing at the playground is the swing. You love it!
- You gave up your pacifier around 18 months (sorry, no 18 month post). You still love your bottle. I started weaning the bottle last month, but you got strep throat and didn’t eat much for several days and that totally blew the weaning. I’ll try again soon.
- You nap 1 1/2 to 2 hours right after lunch. You sleep from 7:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. You absolutely have to have a baby doll and blanket to nap but don’t carry them around much during the day unless you are having a bad day.
- You don’t care much for television, but you will watch a little bit of Sesame Street. We don’t really watch much television, but it does help me get supper on the table some nights.
- You can feed yourself independently, even cereal, without making a mess. That is, unless you want to make a mess.
- You love jumping on our bed. You giggle with glee.
- When you see the fabric baby sling, you still want me to carry you in it, which I love to do, even if it does kill my back.
- You wear 18 to 24 month clothes and size 5 shoes. You weighed 25 lb., 12 oz. when we saw Dr. Sakseena January 19th.
- You have this game where you race to take your shoes off and throw them out the van door before I close the door and drive away. Last week, when we got home from church, I realized you were missing a shoe. Thankfully, Daddy found it in the church parking lot. Now, I stand beside the door as it closes to make sure you don’t toss anything out.
- You adore your big brother and imitate his every move. It is so precious.
Ella Bella, it’s hard to believe it’s possible, but Mommy and Daddy love you more each passing day.