It is so hard to believe that you will be four next month. Oh, how I wish I could slow the passing of time. You are growing up way too fast.
- You love to play dress up and are even taking Kids Stage, a theater class, at school. You have the following costumes: Woody and Buzz from Toy Story, Luke Skywalker and Boba Fett, the bounty hunter from Star Wars, Spiderman, Superman, a pirate, and a knight. Occasionally, you wear Ella’s Dora the Explorer costume, but you usually stick to the masculine costumes, which are sometimes paired with plastic high heel shoes.
- I love it when you start sentences with, “When I was a boy…..” as if you are all grown up.
- You wake us most mornings requesting “a nana and duice on da towch”.
- You prefer routines but can be flexible if the need arises.
- You have such a tender and sensitive heart.
- You are developing quite the sense of humor and I find myself laughing at the funny things you say and do frequently.
- You told me the other day, “Ella’s my favorite dirl”.
- You know the names of many colors in Spanish.
- You can spell your name and we are working on learning to write it.
- You amaze me at how fast you are learning and you have a thirst for knowledge.
- You love people and never meet a stranger. When we go to the playground, you walk up to strangers and have conversations like they are old friends. I love your outgoingness.
- Your favorite show is Imagination Movers. I’m so thankful you are over Calliou.
- You weigh 39 lbs. You have had some digestive problems lately that have affected your appetite and I think you are a bit on the skinny side. We will find out when we go to your four year-old checkup next month. You wear size 4 jeans but can but can still wear size 3 shorts. You just moved up to a size 5 shirt.
- Your favorite toys continue to be trains, trains, trains. You spend many days dressed up in one of your costumes while you play with trains and car.
- You like to draw do craft projects, but you have a hard time sitting still for too long.
- You love school and are going three days a week, but sometimes ask to go on your days off.
- You love your teacher and I frequently here, “Mrs. Jordan….…”.
- You may be trying to give up your nap, but will fall asleep if I put you in my bed and lay down with you. This is a great excuse for Mommy to get a nap! Bedtime is at 8:00 p.m., but sometimes you are still awake until 8:30 p.m. and on rare occasions later. You wake around 6:30 a.m. and you are a morning person. You must have gotten that from Daddy.
Aleck, Mommy and Daddy love you so very much.