Aleck only has a few days left of kindergarten. At the beginning of the school year, we were working on sight words. This is the book he read tonight. He needed very little help from me. His reading simply blows me away!
- Welcome to my blog. I'm a Mississippi country girl transplanted to Grapevine, TX. I have been blessed with a great husband, and my kiddos, Aleck and Ella. When I'm not eating bon bons on the couch, I am my kid's room mom, PTA member, Sunday School teacher, taxi driver, amateur photographer and personal chef. When I'm not doing those things, I'm running a small jewelry business, 2nd Amendment Jewelry (www.2ndamendmentjewelry.com), that I started with my twin sister, Glenda. It's a crazy and busy life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. I am so thankful for all the blessings in my life!
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Friday, May 17, 2013
As part of a end-of-year gift for Mrs. Pruitt, Aleck’s kindergarten teacher, each kid was asked questions about Mrs. Pruitt.
- Why is Mrs. Pruitt is a great mom? “She’s not a mom. Well, not for me.”
- Where does Mrs. Pruitt live?”I don’t know.”
- What I love most about Mrs. Pruitt? “She’s kind of nice to me.”
- My favorite thing Mrs. Pruitt taught me this year? “She taught me my favorite thing to do. Teaching me math.”
- What is Mrs. Pruitt favorite color? “I don’t know, maybe silver.”
- What does she love to eat for lunch? “salad”
- Mrs. Pruitt loves me because... “because I be nice to her”
- What I will miss most about being in Mrs. Pruitt’s class. … “Mrs. Pruitt”
- What I hope to never forget about this year. “reading to Mrs. Pruitt”
I am so thankful for such a wonderful and loving teacher. It has been a year of amazing growth for Aleck, both socially and academically. I couldn’t be more proud of the little man my son is becoming!
Thursday, May 16, 2013
As I look at the mountain of stuff in the garage, most of which came from the attic, I am forced to quote Mrs. Incredible.
"Why do we have so much junk?"