- Waking up to Aleck crawling in bed with us to snuggle first thing in the morning.
- Looking out the kitchen window to see Tom and Aleck sitting on the edge of the pool with their feet dangling in the water.
- Spending all day outside with Tom and Aleck.
- Watching Aleck play his drums while Tom played the tambourine.
- Witnessing Tom crawl through a small fabric tunnel while we were working in the church nursery, just so he could entertain the kids.
- Taking Sunday afternoon naps.
- Giving Aleck raw mushrooms and hummus for his afternoon snack, and he actually ate it.
- Watching old videos of Aleck.
- Feeling my baby girl kick up a storm.
- Finding matchbox cars in many places, including the dryer and a shelf in the refrigerator.
- Washing my kitchen windows. Can you tell that I am starting the "nesting" mode of my pregnancy?
- Welcome to my blog. I'm a Mississippi country girl transplanted to Grapevine, TX. I have been blessed with a great husband, and my kiddos, Aleck and Ella. When I'm not eating bon bons on the couch, I am my kid's room mom, PTA member, Sunday School teacher, taxi driver, amateur photographer and personal chef. When I'm not doing those things, I'm running a small jewelry business, 2nd Amendment Jewelry (www.2ndamendmentjewelry.com), that I started with my twin sister, Glenda. It's a crazy and busy life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. I am so thankful for all the blessings in my life!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Things That Made Me Smile This Weekend
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Cars, Cars, Cars!!!
Aleck has a new obsession with any type of car. When we were visiting my family in Mississippi, Tyler, my nephew, sent Aleck home with a huge bag full of matchbox cars. He will play with his cars FOREVER. When it is time to go to sleep, he has a minimum of two, but has had up to eight different cars surrounding him in the bed. He can often be found clutching a car while he sleeps. After he falls asleep, I sneak into his room to remove some cars from his bed so he won't roll over on them and wake up.
When Aleck wakes in the morning, I can hear him over the baby monitor gathering his cars before he leaves his room. He will come crawl in bed and snuggle with me and play with his cars in my bed. I love that special time together. His favorite car is Lightning McQueen, but any car will do in a pinch. Just in case you are wondering about the picture, no, Aleck does not sleep with a pink comforter. The picture was taken at my sister's house.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Aleck's Second Encounter with The Cops
We are in Alabama visiting family and friends. We spent Saturday night with my dear friend, Rebecca, and her family. Sunday morning, Aleck was making a mess with his yogurt so I took his spoon away and was going to feed him to prevent him from getting food everywhere. Aleck began throwing a huge temper tantrum so I took him on the back p0rch to calm down. Shortly after Aleck calmed down, Rebecca came on the back porch and said the police had just knocked on the front door. They said a neighbor had reported a screaming child. It probably didn't help that it was 7:30 in the morning. I was absolutely mortified! Sorry for waking your neighbors, Becca.
Some of you may recall Aleck's first encounter with the police at 18 months when he was playing with Tom's key chain and he activated the security panic alarm. I hope we are not establishing a trend!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)