My Sweet Aleck,
Here are some special things about you right now.
- You continue to love all things trains. Dad bought you several electric trains and a geotrack, but you continue to prefer your wooden trains on your train table. Some times, we make a huge train track on the living room floor and you play for hours.
- You love to ride your bike. Dad has a tough time keeping up with you when you get going. Unfortunately, it is so hot right now that we are spending more time in the pool, but we will get back to the bike when it cools off a bit.
- You frequently talk about Jesus. The other day, out of nowhere you said, “he ascended and sits at the right hand of the throne.” It blew me away.
- You love to watch television, but we limit your time to an hour a day because you won’t move from the couch if the television in on. Your favorite television show has changed from Imagination Movers back to Caillou.
- You continue to love to play dress up. Your favorite costume right now is Superman. You love to get Ella involved in your dress up skits.
- You sleep from 8:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. I think you are trying to give up your nap, but I can get you to sleep if I lay down with you. I usually get a nap out of the deal, which messes with my productivity but it is for a good cause.
- You are all boy. Every stick you pick up becomes a gun or a sword. We are going to have to schedule some play dates this summer with some boys, because Brooke and Presley don’t want to play guns and you aren’t interested in playing dolls.
- You have a vivid imagination and are really beginning to play well in your room by yourself. You like to play trains with Ella, but some times you want to play by yourself.
- You pretend to read your favorite books and you blend the story line of several books together. The other day I found you reading The Hungry Caterpillar to Ella. You have memorized most of the words. Ella loves that book and was pointing at pictures while you read. It was a beautiful moment.
- You are taking swim lessons and you are doing awesome. You can swim across our pool and roll over on your back. This week you started jumping off the diving board and swimming to the steps of our pool. With the swim instructor’s help, you dove off the diving board and retrieved a swim ring from the bottom of the pool. You came up with the ring in your hand and you were so proud of yourself.
- You went through a phase of being a picky eater, but now you will try most foods. Your favorite foods are fruit, almond butter and jelly sandwiches, and eggs and toast. You will eat almost any raw vegetable if I give you ranch dressing to dip it in.
- Your best friends are Brooke and Presley and you love to go to there house for play dates.
- We are attending the movies every Wednesday morning and you LOVE it! Ella and I usually walk around Southlake Town Square while you stay in the theater with Dede and the girls.
- You are beginning to take a real interest in drawing and painting. You take such pride in your creations and there is always an elaborate story to go with your picture.
- Your room is now decorated with the Toy Story theme. We moved all your toys from the living room into your room. I thought you would hate not being right under us, but you actually enjoy going to your room to play. I love that the house is easier to pick up with the toys in a central location.
- This week you looked at a picture of Poppo and said, “I miss Poppo.” It brought tears to my eyes.
- You saw Dr. Sakseena yesterday. You weigh 37 lb., 4.8 oz. (53rd percentile), and are 42.5 inches (83rd percentile) tall.
- Since you started your allergy and asthma medicine last November, you have only had one cold. Before you started your meds, you were sick every 4 to 6 weeks. I am so thankful for your good health.
- You are the most outgoing little boy. You love to meet new people. I love your zest for life.
Aleck, your mommy and daddy absolutely adore you!