- The way Ella calls dried apricots “apple-cots”.
- The smile on Aleck’s face as he slides across the gymnasium floor on his knees while wearing his Karate Gi.
- The way Aleck hugs his “baby sister, Ella” goodbye when we drop him off at preschool.
- The way Aleck exclaims, “Yeah!” when I tell him it’s Saturday and he gets to stay home and play with Daddy today.
- The way Aleck loves his daddy. Tom was sick this week. Ella and I were going to work in the garden at Joni’s house. Aleck LOVES Joni, but he initially said he was going to stay home because “I’m worried about Daddy and I want to stay home with him.”
- The fact that the kids slept late this morning.
- The fact that when I woke up, Tom had already been to Starbucks and Busy B’s for cinnamon rolls. Yummy!
- Grilling in the evening while the kids played in the back yard.
- Rocking a very tired Ella to sleep tonight. It has probably been more than six months since she has settled down and fallen asleep in my arms. I cherish each time she does, knowing that it could very well be the last time that she lets me rock her to sleep. I want to etch in my brain the shape of her rosebud lips, the way her hair smells, the way she snuggles into my side.
- Welcome to my blog. I'm a Mississippi country girl transplanted to Grapevine, TX. I have been blessed with a great husband, and my kiddos, Aleck and Ella. When I'm not eating bon bons on the couch, I am my kid's room mom, PTA member, Sunday School teacher, taxi driver, amateur photographer and personal chef. When I'm not doing those things, I'm running a small jewelry business, 2nd Amendment Jewelry (www.2ndamendmentjewelry.com), that I started with my twin sister, Glenda. It's a crazy and busy life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. I am so thankful for all the blessings in my life!
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment